Share Our Strength Helps Ensure
No Child Goes Hungry
How can you help end childhood hunger?
- Host a bake sale! Your bake sale will create awareness and help educate the community about an issue that is often ignored: childhood hunger in America.
- Funds raised support No Kid Hungry, Share Our Strength’s campaign to end childhood hunger in America by 2015.
- You can host a bake sale based on your schedule and in your community. It’s an easy and fun way to help kids. Roll up your sleeves, pre-heat your ovens, and bake a difference!
Sign Up Today! And together we can end childhood hunger in America.
Why Support Share Our Strength?
Share Our Strength is a national organization working hard to make sure no kid in America grows up hungry. We weave together a net of community groups, activists and food programs to catch children who are struggling with hunger and surround them with nutritious food where they live, learn and play.
How We Will End Childhood Hunger
Through No Kid Hungry, Share Our Strength funds the most effective anti-hunger organizations across the country, connects needy children and their families with nutritious food, teaches families how to cook healthy on a budget, and provides leadership that brings together public and private decision-makers to end childhood hunger, state by state. These funds help accomplish the following:
- Enroll more eligible kids in school breakfast, after-school snacks and meals, and their families in SNAP (food stamps).
- Bring community gardens and farmers markets to low-income neighborhoods.
- Bring affordable, fresh fruits and vegetables to urban corner stores.
- Teach at-risk families how to plan, shop for, and prepare healthy, low-cost meals at home.
- Help local food pantries, food banks and soup kitchens meet the pressing demand for more nutritious food.
- Increase awareness and understanding of childhood hunger and solutions to it.
Through all these means, we are working to ensure that all of America’s children have nutritious food where they live, learn and play. Host a bake sale and make a difference.